The Guidebook to the City of Dolmvay is a free supplement that details the people, layout, and government of the City of Dolmvay. The city is presented in broad strokes and is open to customization. It was specifically designed to give DM’s a convenient and familiar city setting to place their adventures.
The Guidebook to the City of Dolmvay contains:
- A breakdown of city based adventure themes.
- History of the City of Dolmvay.
- Detailed overview of the City of Dolmvay including government, religion, commerce, and laws and punishment
- Descriptions of over a dozen major festivals.
- An overview of the citizens of Dolmvay including a breakdown of social classes, daily life for commoners and nobles, style of dress, arms and armor, rumors and gossip, and common gestures, curses, and phrases.
- Layout of the city including details on architecture, street lighting, sanitation, as well as detailed descriptions of the city’s wards, districts, quarters, neighborhoods, and businesses.
- Descriptions of dozens of factions and stat blocks for hundreds of NPCs.
- Descriptions of common shops and businesses, prices for food and lodging, and a dozen sample inns and taverns.
- Over 100 unique city encounters.
- Over two dozen new plants and monsters.
- A detailed description of the religious organization known as the Church of Law and Order including church history and doctrine, major NPCs, and new magic items.
- A detailed description of the Dolmvay Adventurer’s Guild including training facilities, dungeons, and major NPCs.
- A detailed description of the city’s magical sewer system including dozens of unique encounters and several sample sewer geomorph maps.
- Guidelines for NPC generation including common names, professions, dozens of quirks and traits, and rules for creating unique and interesting 0 level NPCs.
- Guidelines for random treasure determination including pick pocket tables and random tables for determining household treasures.